Old friends and birthday parties, it was a nice way to spend a Saturday night. I have had the same two best friends for nineteen years now. Wait, I was just thinking about this and I actually met Jeff in 1989 and Scott in 1990 – it’s been over twenty years. Wow! I just blew my own mind live writing this blog right now! We have seen some amazing adventures together:
- We played Dungeons & Dragons for over a decade – shockingly we all managed to find a way to date even though we participated in this notoriously “nerdy” past-time.
- We all watched each other get our driver’s licenses.
- We went through high school.
- Got accepted to colleges.
- Followed our varied career paths.
- We lived together on MANY occasions.
- Fights, aurguments, and even one unfortunate “friend break-up” with a longtime comrade.
- We went through our first marriages together…
- …and we are still friends as we all embarked on our second marriages.
It’s been a really amazing friendship and I am very grateful that through it all we have managed to maintain it.
Today’s picture is of Scott, Jeff and I:
Here’s to another twenty-plus years!
See you tomorrow!